F2 Visa for Depenedents of F1 Visa Holders

For the dependents of the F1 visa holder to get an F2 visa, the F1 person should inform the SEVP institution that the dependents also intend to apply for the visa.

With this information, the SEVP institution will also compile and release a form I-20 for the dependents too. Each person who wants to apply for an F2 visa must have a form I-20 to qualify for an F2 visa. After getting this form, the application procedure follows similar procedures to other visas

F1 Visa Application Process

To apply for an F1 visa you are required to submit a list of standard required documents for every US visa, and also the documents required for an F1 visa as follows:

Documents which prove your previous education and current qualifications:
Original transcripts
Standardized test scores (TOEFL, IELTS, GRE, GMAT, etc.)
Acceptance letters from the educational institution which accepted you
Previous degree diplomas
Your Form I-20 states the amount of funds you need to finance your education and living in the US. You must submit documents which prove you have that amount readily available. This can be done by submitting various documents, such as:
Bank statements for the last 3 years
Tax records for the last 3 years
Pay stubs of previous employment
If you have received a scholarship, you also need to submit proof of it
Paying a semester’s or a year’s worth of tuition is also a good idea, but not mandatory
If you are supported or sponsored by someone else in the US, you will need to submit Form I-134, Affidavit of Support and bank statements for the last three years of that person.
If you are funding your US education through a loan, you must also show proof of the approved loan