The following policies apply to students commencing their studies at Global Academy of Further Education referred as GAFE in future, up to and including the end of the first semester in their principal (highest level) course or seeking assistance in Higher Education Overseas.
The policy is divided into two sections:
- Section 1: Study Abroad programs
- Section 2: Diploma, Degree, Tertiary Preparation Program, English Language programs
A total refund will be made in the following circumstances:
If an offer of a place is withdrawn by the University all tuition fees are fully refundable. If the offer was made on the basis of incorrect or incomplete information being supplied by the applicant/student the University/Colleges reserves the right to retain 10 percent of one full semester fees.
GAFE is unable to provide or ceases to provide the course for which the student has applied or is enrolled.
A student who fails to meet degree/ diploma progression rules and who is thus not permitted to enroll will be eligible for a refund of those fees paid in advance.
If a student, after accepting an offer of a place, informs the University of an intention to withdraw or transfer to a lower level course, the University/College will provide a refund but will retain a percentage of the semester fee. This fee is determined by the amount of notice given, as per the requirement of the principal institute:
Registration/Documentation fee refunds
If a student, after accepting an offer of a place, by online application or by attending interviews with the university representatives informs GAFE of an intention to withdraw or transfer to a different service provider, GAFE will not refund any or percentage of the registration fee. If the student been refused by the principal institute or students change his or her mind before applying or attending an interview with the foreign principle GAFE will provide a refund but will retain a percentage of the fee. This fee is determined by the amount of notice given, as per the requirement of the principal institute:
- above twelve weeks from the day of payment receipt submitted to GAFE will invoke a cancellation fee of 60% percent of the paid amount.
- notice given between eight to twelve weeks from the day of payment receipt submitted to GAFE will invoke a cancellation fee of 40% percent of the paid amount.
- less than eight weeks notice from the day of payment receipt submitted to GAFE will invoke a cancellation fee of 20% percent of the registration fees
- notice within the first four weeks of payment receipt submitted, no deductions will be imposed and the candidate is eligible for a refund of 100% percent equivalent of the paid amount.
NOTE: Total or partial refunds may also be given in exceptional circumstances, which prevent a student from taking a place after accepting an offer, as follows:
- inability to obtain a student visa
- illness or disability
- death of the student or a close family member
- political, civil and natural events, which prevent full payment of fees.
Documentary evidence must be provided.
- A student who withdraws from a course, for whatever reason, after receiving an offer letter will not be eligible for a refund.
- Where the deposit fee payment has been identified as a non-refundable deposit fee payment.
- An offer of a place is withdrawn by the University or College due to lack of information or submitting false information.
- An applicant failing to provide required documents to process the application.
- An applicant cancels their application before admission decision was received.
Any student who wishes to obtain a refund on the above or any other grounds should complete the Application for Refund. If the student is not satisfied with the decision relating to the refund, an appeal should be made in writing to the board of Directors. This agreement and the availability of complaints and appeals processes does not remove the right of the student to take action under Sri Lanka Consumer protection laws.
Refunds will be made in Sri Lankan Rupees unless otherwise paid in foreign currencies the equivalent amount will be paid as per the central bank of Sri Lanka. Whichever the lower amount will be paid after conversion. Refund payments will be refunded to the originating payment source. Agency fees, if applicable, will not be refunded.
Tuition fees will be refunded, less a cancellation fee if a student withdraws from a program before the program starting date.
- If the enrolment is canceled more than four weeks before the program starting date, tuition fees will be refunded, less a cancellation fee of 10% percent of one term’s fees.
- If the enrolment is canceled less than four weeks before the program starting date, tuition fees will be refunded, less a cancellation fee of 25% percent of one term’s fees.
- Refunds are not made after the commencement of the program.
Total or partial refunds may also be given in exceptional circumstances which prevent a student from taking up a place. These circumstances include an inability to obtain a student visa, illness or disability, death of the student or a close family member (at the discretion of the GAFE management), political, civil and natural events which prevent full payment of fees. Documentary evidence must be provided.
Refund payments will be refunded to the originating payment source.
Applications for refunds must be submitted on the Application for Refund
Where a student is eligible for a refund because the student has withdrawn from a program, the refund will be made within eight weeks of receiving a written request for a refund along with sufficient proofs.
If the University is unable to provide a program for which a student has an offer of a place, all fees are fully refundable. Refunds will be made within two weeks of the cancellation of the program. Alternatively, the student may accept an offer of a place in a substitute program or from another institute.
This agreement does not remove the student’s right to take further action under Sri Lanka consumer protection laws.