The writership program is a tailor made writing program designed to be challenging and stimulating while proceeding students to think beyond, It helps students gain valuable skills and knowledge which would useful throughout the career not only for them personally but also during their time in the competitive industry.
Part one –The art of writing
- Writing, reading and research. The role of thinking.
- Finding a topic and generating ideas. Developing and evaluating ideas. Research and reading.
- Writer and reader relationship. Considering the purpose and readership.
- Practical writing. Techniques of writing. Journalism and advertorial copy writing.
- Making grammatical choices. Sentence patterns (basic and advanced). Sentence varieties. Selecting effective words. Controlling emphasis and tone.
- Editing and Proofreading.
- Practical exercises.
Part two – Creative and Academic Writing
- Descriptive and narrative writing. Short stories and novels.
- Persuasive writing.
- Expository writing, Paragraphs and essays
- Research reports. Doing research and using sources, Documenting sources. Professional writing and business correspondence,
- Writing in different disciplines.
- Writing a review (Movie or Book).
- Practical exercise.
Conducted by: Prof. Chandima Wijebandara
Click here to register online or call 072 072 9868
For any inquiries, please contact 072 712 7003/ 011 282 3286 or email email@example.com